NO MOVIE module in Pygame??

DiliupG
Has the Movie module been removed from Pygame? I get this error.

NotImplementedError: movie module not available
(ImportError: No module named movie)

--
http://www.diliupg.com

This e-mail is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or have received it in error, please delete it and all copies from your system and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail. Any unauthorized reading, reproducing, printing or further dissemination of this e-mail or its contents is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions.

Re: NO MOVIE module in Pygame??

Jason Marshall-2
Diliup,

Yes, pygame.movie was removed because it caused more trouble than it's worth.

More info:
https://bitbucket.org/pygame/pygame/issues/238/no-module-named-pygamemovie

Jason

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 2:41 PM, DiliupG <[hidden email]> wrote:
Has the Movie module been removed from Pygame? I get this error.

NotImplementedError: movie module not available
(ImportError: No module named movie)

--
http://www.diliupg.com

This e-mail is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or have received it in error, please delete it and all copies from your system and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail. Any unauthorized reading, reproducing, printing or further dissemination of this e-mail or its contents is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions.

Re: NO MOVIE module in Pygame??

DiliupG
Hi Jason!
Good to hear from you!  :)
I realized that the module has been removed But hoped that some miracle ( by your guys) can bring it or similar back. What options available to use movies in Pygame?

On 7 April 2017 at 03:45, Jason Marshall <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Well, there's pygame 1.9.1.

Two years ago, I tried to play a video in pygame using a script called pygame-vlc.py, but I was not successful. (I guess that modern versions of VLC have a different interface from the one that pygame-vlc.py was designed to use. I don't really know though.)

Jason

On Apr 7, 2017 12:36 PM, "DiliupG" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I think that updating the python-VLC code is more likely to work with
pygame than using pyglet (AVbin).
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19748648/attempting-to-embed-a-video-in-pygame-using-pyglet

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 11:33 PM, DiliupG <[hidden email]> wrote:

> what about using some other python library like pyglet only for this
> purpose?
>
> On 8 April 2017 at 09:24, Jason Marshall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Diliup,
>>
>> Well, there's pygame 1.9.1.
>>
>> Two years ago, I tried to play a video in pygame using a script called
>> pygame-vlc.py, but I was not successful. (I guess that modern versions of
>> VLC have a different interface from the one that pygame-vlc.py was designed
>> to use. I don't really know though.)
>> https://gist.github.com/smathot/1521059
>>
>> Jason
>>
>> On Apr 7, 2017 12:36 PM, "DiliupG" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Jason!
>>> Good to hear from you!  :)
>>> I realized that the module has been removed But hoped that some miracle (
>>> by your guys) can bring it or similar back. What options available to use
>>> movies in Pygame?

>>> --
>>> Kalasuri Diliup Gabadamudalige
>>>
>>> https://dahamgatalu.wordpress.com/
>>> http://soft.diliupg.com/
>>> http://www.diliupg.com

>>> errors or omissions.
>>>
>>> **********************************************************************************************
>>>

> --
> Kalasuri Diliup Gabadamudalige
>
> https://dahamgatalu.wordpress.com/
> http://soft.diliupg.com/
> http://www.diliupg.com

> errors or omissions.

Re: NO MOVIE module in Pygame??

claudio canepa
Daniel Gillet is writing a new, python only, direct binding to ffmpeg for pyglet [0].
From that thread, seems promising.

Don't know how hard would be to use with pygame.

On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 10:09 AM, Jason Marshall <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think that updating the python-VLC code is more likely to work with
pygame than using pyglet (AVbin).
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19748648/attempting-to-embed-a-video-in-pygame-using-pyglet

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 11:33 PM, DiliupG <[hidden email]> wrote:
> what about using some other python library like pyglet only for this
> purpose?
>
> On 8 April 2017 at 09:24, Jason Marshall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Diliup,
>>
>> Well, there's pygame 1.9.1.
>>
>> Two years ago, I tried to play a video in pygame using a script called
>> pygame-vlc.py, but I was not successful. (I guess that modern versions of
>> VLC have a different interface from the one that pygame-vlc.py was designed
>> to use. I don't really know though.)
>> https://gist.github.com/smathot/1521059
>>
>> Jason
>>
>> On Apr 7, 2017 12:36 PM, "DiliupG" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Jason!
>>> Good to hear from you!  :)
>>> I realized that the module has been removed But hoped that some miracle (
>>> by your guys) can bring it or similar back. What options available to use
>>> movies in Pygame?

>>> --
>>> Kalasuri Diliup Gabadamudalige
>>>
>>> https://dahamgatalu.wordpress.com/
>>> http://soft.diliupg.com/
>>> http://www.diliupg.com

>>> errors or omissions.
>>>
>>> **********************************************************************************************
>>>

> --
> Kalasuri Diliup Gabadamudalige
>
> https://dahamgatalu.wordpress.com/
> http://soft.diliupg.com/
> http://www.diliupg.com

> errors or omissions.

Re: NO MOVIE module in Pygame??

DiliupG
P R O M I S I N G !

Hip! Hip! Hurrah!

2017 is the year of Python/Pygame etc.!!!

On 8 April 2017 at 19:03, claudio canepa <[hidden email]> wrote:
Daniel Gillet is writing a new, python only, direct binding to ffmpeg for pyglet [0].
From that thread, seems promising.