Pygame > Python3

Aikiman
Sorry if this topic is old or annoying but what is the low down on pygame and python3? I hope it be python3 friendly sometime soon for no reason other than keeping up with change. :)

Re: [pygame] Pygame > Python3

theprofessional9
I believe this was sent out earlier. It has the Windows installer for the Python 3 version.

https://bitbucket.org/pygame/pygame/downloads

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Aikiman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry if this topic is old or annoying but what is the low down on pygame and
python3? I hope it be python3 friendly sometime soon for no reason other
than keeping up with change. :)

Re: [pygame] Pygame > Python3

Aikiman
Thanks for that. I guess Ill have to wait a bit longer for an OSX port. Good to see some action is taking place on this one.

Re: [pygame] Pygame > Python3

Russell Jones
Hm, well I just tried this (ish):

Install MacPorts ( http://macports.org )
sudo port install py32-game
python3.2
import pygame

And I get
Symbol not found: _PyCObject_AsVoidPtr

OK, so let's try a virtualenv

sudo port uninstall py32-game
sudo port install py32-virtualenv
virtualenv-3.2 --system-site-packages pg3
source pg3/bin/activate
cd pg3
which pip
pip install pygame

Downloading/unpacking pygame
  You are installing a potentially insecure and unverifiable file.
Future versions of pip will default to disallowing insecure files.
  HTTP error 400 while getting
http://www.pygame.org/../../ftp/pygame-1.6.2.tar.bz2 (from
http://www.pygame.org/download.shtml)
  Could not install requirement pygame because of error HTTP Error
400: Bad Request
Cleaning up...
Could not install requirement pygame because of HTTP error HTTP Error
400: Bad Request for URL
http://www.pygame.org/../../ftp/pygame-1.6.2.tar.bz2 (from
http://www.pygame.org/download.shtml)
Storing complete log in ~/.pip/pip.log

I guess that part of the site isn't back yet... Is the above saying
that the pygame site should have an SSL certificate to work smoothly
with pip (or that the files should be hosted somewhere with an SSL
cert)?

Russell

On 3 October 2013 01:34, Aikiman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks for that. I guess Ill have to wait a bit longer for an OSX port. Good
> to see some action is taking place on this one.

Re: [pygame] Pygame > Python3

Russell Jones
sdl2 doesn't work either

sudo port install py33-sdl2
python3.3
import sdl2
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.3/lib/python3.3/site-packages/sdl2/dll.py",
line 99, in <module>
    dll = _DLL("SDL2", ["SDL2", "SDL2-2.0"], os.getenv("PYSDL2_DLL_PATH"))
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.3/lib/python3.3/site-packages/sdl2/dll.py",
line 50, in __init__
    raise RuntimeError("could not find any library for %s" % libinfo)
RuntimeError: could not find any library for SDL2

port installed "libsdl2*"
  libsdl2 @2.0.0_0+universal (active)
  libsdl2_image @2.0.0_0+universal (active)
  libsdl2_mixer @2.0.0_0+universal (active)